By Eric LarsonDec 25, 2012
It's amazing what old photos can do to you.
Some have the power to bring you back to a sweet, forgotten memory; others just remind you of an embarrassing fashion choice from an earlier era ("I can't believe I ever owned seven pairs of JNCO jeans ...").
Regardless, it's fun to look back. It's even more fun to recreate the past.
Below, we've collected some of the coolest past and present photo collages. Some funny, others bizarre — all chock full of nostalgia.
Do you have any cool now-and-then mashups? Share them with us in the comments! And be sure to check out more now-and-then pairs here.
1. "Mom's Favorite Picture"
Image courtesy of Reddit, leslieseesincolor
2. Happy Holidays
Image courtesy of Reddit, gingergenie
3. 29 Years Later
Image courtesy of Flickr, Philgarlic
4. High School Graduation 2002; Wedding 2010
Image courtesy of Reddit, isaaaaaaaaaa
5. To Be Fair, Ice Cream Cones Are Tough to Eat
Image courtesy of Reddit, 31Max
6. "My Grandmother Was Very Confused as to What We Were Doing"
Image courtesy of Reddit, calirican
7. Nailed It? Nailed It.
Image courtesy of Imgur, frigbat
8. Father and Son: 25 Years Going Strong
Image courtesy of Imgur, ISmashedMyController
9. "Halloween, 16 Years Later ... "
Image courtesy of Imgur, ConnorUllmann
10. Dartmouth Roommates, 50 Years Later